Do you love San Francisco? Are you the go-to person when it comes to planning a night out, always ready with a recommendation for the city’s most seasoned finds and hidden hotspots? As the San Francisco Community Manager, you’ll be a full-time Yelp employee (working out of your home or anywhere with secure WiFi) at the helm of a vibrant, buzzing community of locals who drink, shop and play their way through the city via peer recommendations on Yelp.
Community Managers are driven, self-motivated, charismatic, and organized as they’re tasked with wrangling a slew of to-do’s both on- and offline, from writing and moderating to party planning and ring leading!
Where you come in:
- You will plan events! Conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzzworthy (big wow factor!) events/parties
- You will connect with Yelpers and business owners in person and online via all social media channel (and of course, Yelp)
- You will be in charge of marketing outreach for the area - connect with the right local organizations, barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp
- You will socialize and meet up with Yelpers. Attend local events. See and be seen. In the scene. Be the Mayor. Always on
- You will write locally compelling newsletters weekly and inspiring reviews daily, as well as persuasive pitches to venue owners and marketing partners
- You will be accountable with stellar communication to your team, peers and those who support you at Yelp HQ
What it takes to succeed:
- You are driven!
- You are a social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too
- You reside in San Francisco and consider yourself a local expert (see below)You have more than a few years of post-graduate professional experience
- You love to write - you know who you are... pencils down!
- 4-year college/university degree
- Currently living and rocking out in San Francisco
- Experience with social media marketing, social networking, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply for this job