New Fixed Term Post in Planning and Traffic & Transportation
It is an exciting time to join the Planning Service at Enfield Council. Enfield holds significant potential for good growth and has an ambitious Council focussed on delivery. As a Planning Service we are energised and passionate about delivering proactive planning to help shape the Borough over the next 15 years and beyond. The recent opening of a new station at Meridian Water and the recent Field Day Festival herald a new phase of exciting regeneration projects coming forward, with the Council taking a proactive role in making things happen. As we progress with our new Local Plan, a number of exciting development proposals are starting to come through the planning process – some led by the Council, others by private developers - and we are in a position to bolster the capacity of the team to help get the most out of these projects. We are looking for exceptional candidates to join the team be part of the future that we are shaping.
Enfield is already a great place to live and work and has all the ingredients for future success. Our attractive historic market town boasts a prime location with great transport links into central London. We host a myriad of assets from great green spaces, cultural venues and countryside including the Lee Valley Regional Park and high performing industrial economy that is an engine room for London’s wider economy.
Enfield’s Place Department is looking to secure talented design, planning and tranpsort professionals within its Planning and Traffic and Transportation Services to provide additional capacity to a growing team. We are committed to delivering a high quality planning, design and heritage service and to ensuring successful placemaking and regeneration across the Borough.
The new Enfield Planning Service brings together Development Management and Strategic Planning and Design to lead both new strategic policy and help guide projects through the planning process to delivery.
We want to hear from applicants who can contribute positively to the Planning Service's culture and programme of service improvement and who are committed to striving for excellence in public planning.
X1 Principal Planning Policy OfficerFixed term 2 years
Grade: PO2 £37,842 to £40,728 paThis role is for a motivated professional to join our Plan Making Team to provide proactive policy advice on Major Project PPAs that have significant Local Plan policy implications.
The successful candidate is anticipated to work as part of a team on Major PPAs, providing strategic policy advice as part of the these PPAs and coorindating the process of identifying and collecting insights and evidence from live pre-application, PPAs and planning application processes to inform and enhance evidence and emerging polcies for the emerging Local Plan. The successful candidate will contribute to the work of the Plan Making Team on the Local Plan, which is defining the spatial capacity for growth across different places in Enfield, including identifying how and where circa. 30,000 new homes will be delivered across the Borough and how Enfield's industrial and employment land will be intensified and expanded.
Main Duties of this role:
- Providing proactive policy advice on Major Project PPAs that have significant Local Plan policy implications
- Work positively as part of a team within the Planning Service and the wider Place Department
- Coorindating the process of identifying and collecting insights and evidence from live pre-application, PPAs and planning application processes to inform and enhance evidence and emerging polcies for the emerging Local Plan
- Using insights from live pre-applications and PPAs to contribute to process of analysis, interpretation and research and evidence on themes including suburban intensification and industrial intensification and through devising draft Local Plan policies that would help enable good growth.
- Contribution to production of a Regulation 19 Local Plan and associated evidence
- Meeting project deadlines, budget and quality requirements
- Securing positive outcomes including high quality schemes negotiated through PPAS, evidence and analysis to inform policy formulation
- Using insights from live pre-applications and PPAs to contribute to drafting Local Plan policies that will enable good growth
- Provide advice and present updates and reports to officers, members and other stakeholders involved in Planning and wider Place Department projects.
- Promoting and building the reputation of the Planning Service, the Place Department and Enfield as a place
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click to find out more.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire.Turner@enfield.gov.uk on 02081321024. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact 'Vincent Lacovara' on '020 132 0664 or Neeru Kareer on 0208 379 1634’ for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
Closing and Interview DatesClosing date: Thursday 10th October 2019 at 23:59pm
Interviews: Week commencing 28th October 2019
Additional InformationTo apply, please upload a supporting statement and CV as one document, your supporting statement should be on two sides of A4 setting out how you meet the criteria set out in the job description and specification.
Our standard guidance through this application will state that your CV will not be visible to the manager at application stage. However, please note as the manager would like an expression of interest attached to your CV as your application to apply for this role, your CV will be visible to the manager as soon as it has been submitted. As we operate a process of name blind recruitment you do not need to include your name on your CV.