BROOMFIELD, CO, US, 80021
About CenturyLinkCenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Job SummaryBe a part of the team that is responsible for the architecture, analysis, design, and development of Content Delivery Network software. Work on high-performance distributed systems deployed on a massive scale unmatched in almost any corporate computing environment. You will be responsble for developing automated testing that is vital for ensuring the quality and performance of our products. Development is primarily in Python in the PyTest framework on Linux.
- Designs, develops, maintains, and supports new and existing automated test code, frameworks, and infrastructure.
- Collaborates with product developers in a fast-moving agile team to define and implement effective and efficient automated tests on Linux.
- Reviews peers' designs and code.
- Documents own work to promote transparency and reuse.
- Understands a complex distributed system end-to-end.
Assoc degree or equivalent education and relevant experience. 2 - 3 years related experience in specific area or equivalent
- Experience developing and/or testing complex performance-sensitive distributed systems
- Experience with automated testing, preferably in python using pytest
- Solid knowledge of Python on Linux
- Detailed working knowledge of web protocols such as HTTP family, DNS, SSL/TLS
- Outstanding initiative, self-motivation and drive; comfortable learning and working in a team; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to estimate, plan, prioritize and multitask
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Ability to work in Lua and Go languages
- Detailed knowledge of web service, web caching, content delivery, and related technologies and protocols
EducationAssociates or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-California-Thousand Oak; US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 213916
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/