2019 EMEA Events Marketing Internship
LondonPosted Feb 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 73548
Our Team:The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg’s Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our terminal internal and external customers through Distribution & Asset Management, Procurement, and Print Services, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
Our global model poses the rare challenge of not just handling hardware in our warehouses, but also in our customer’s hands. For example, if a trader’s keyboard breaks, our department is responsible to swap the malfunctioning product with a new one as fast as possible – in our major cities this is less than 2 hours - with minimal disruption to their business.
Our Distribution & Asset Management Team handle the full hardware product life-cycle from forecasting and planning, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution, international trade compliance, logistics and quality control. Additionally, we host our own print shops, based in Princeton, London and Hong Kong, servicing our internal businesses globally from printing marketing signage to notebooks and business cards in multiple languages. Our Global Procurement team runs all activities and workflows to procure hardware, software, consulting services and much more for internal lines of business to achieve the maximum value to Bloomberg while also leading supplier contract management and risk controls.
What's in it for you?This is an exciting internship for current students seeking a challenging, broad-based, customer-focused opportunity. You will engage in a comprehensive 10 week internship where you will receive an introduction to Bloomberg products, services, clients and insight into global Supply Chain.
You will work closely with our teams and participate in day to day operations across the core functional areas: Procurement, Distribution and Asset Management, Warehouse Services, Supply Chain Compliance and Risk, Logistics and Process & Technology. Aspects of the internship may include the following:
- Learn and address customers buying needs and understand different buying channels
- Exposure to formulating negotiation strategies and implementing them in a contract
- Gain insight into the core products and will have global exposure with our partners and manufacturers
- Generate demand, supply and distribution plans to address our customer needs
You will have the opportunity to develop broad business knowledge base, gain insights and skills, including your technical and leadership skills through specific training, mentoring and professional development activities. As your experience in the Supply Chain grows, you'll have greater influence on the continuous improvement of our processes and technologies.
At the end of the internship, there may be an opportunity to be placed in our Full-Time Supply Chain Rotational Program to start in Sept 2020, based on your strengths, interests and company needs.
We will trust you to:
- Participate in projects and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver operational and strategic excellence
- Provide platinum customer service to both external and internal customers
- Understand complex situations by paying attention to detail, assessing the tasks at hand and breaking them down to smaller pieces to handle them appropriately
- At a minimum, we require that you are:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Economics, Politics or Business.
- Available to work with us on a full-time basis for 10 weeks, starting 1st July 2019
You also need to have:
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
We’d love to see:
- Experience and/or strong academic knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain Management
- SAP Knowledge
- Microsoft Office applications
If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg"
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com