SAP iXp Intern - Analytics Developer JobApply now »
- Start apply with Xing
- Apply Now
Date: Jan 11, 2019
City:Vancouver, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 205370
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
COMPANY DESCRIPTIONSAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
- Position Title: Analytics Developer Intern
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Expected start date to end date: May 6, 2019 to December 27, 2019
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVESThis candidate is required to do development of both new features as well fixing customer issues
Our team works on BI Analytics SBOP products. We own the new development of the product as well as the maintenance of already released versions.
We are part of the local team in Vancouver (owning CR4E and BI Server components). We also work closely with colleagues in other teams located in Shanghai, Bangalore, & Paris who own other parts and components of SBOP products.
We have 50,000 + SBOP Customers. We deliver the latest versions of BI Analytics SBOP products as well as provide maintenance & support for already released versions therefore we bring in maintenance revenue as well as revenue from new customer adoption of BI products.
Who you are:We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Development and maintenance of Crystal Reports for Enterprise product
- Maintenance of the BI Platform Server
- Development of enhancement requests
- Continuous quality improvements in the assigned area
- Contribution to specific unique projects
- Be the voice of customer. Work with Customer and Support to bring meaningful changes to the Product.
- Close cooperation with Primary Support
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTSCurrently enrolled in Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Strong technical and functional expertise, very good programming skills
- Strong understanding of implementing and updating scalable, reliable, and efficient algorithms and data structures in the Java programming language
- Cooperative attitude, excellent team player
- Distinctive ability to analyze abstract tasks and problems
- Ability to understand customer requirements
- Ability to understand the broader context of a customer issue in a complex environment, incl SAP and non-SAP solutions
- High degree of customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Able to multi-task and work autonomously
- Can commit for an 8-month full time internship starting January 2019
Desired skills/experience to be successful in this role
- C++ skills will be an asset.
#iXpWHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional LocationsJob Segment: Analytics, Developer, Intern, Data Analyst, SAP, Management, Technology, Entry Level, Data
Apply now »
- Start apply with Xing
- Apply Now