Intern - Corporate Events [Virtual US] JobApply now »
- Start apply with Xing
- Apply Now
Date: Jan 12, 2019
City:Newtown Square, PA, US
Requisition ID: 201179
Work Area: Marketing
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
COMPANY DESCRIPTIONSAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Contract Duration: 6 months
Anticipated Start Date: February 2019
Office Location: Virtual US
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVESThe role of the intern is to provide critical support for SAP Ariba corporate events taking place in the US and Europe.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKSThis role will require a self-starter to support the event team and assist with all brining Ariba Live to Barcelona and Austin. Ariba Live is an event for >3500 people in Austin, TX April 1-3 and about 3000 in Barcelona June 4-6. Both of these events have many aspects to the event when we bring it to life including general session, over 100 break-out tracks, diversity and inclusion, CSR, parties and celebration as well and many stakeholders across the business.
The ideal candidate is detail orientated and self-structured in their approach to their work with a background in marketing: They will be responsible for support the event team in the following areas
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Supporting key activates and executional elements around break-out tracks, marketplace and diversity and inclusion
- Support BLOG strategy and create a calendar of BLOGs from across the business
- Support the communications strategy with web site updates and organization of content for web team
- Support for the Executive Leadership track with executional elements
- Assist in PPT creation for presentations such assisting in pulling together content from multiple places into one weekly report for marketing leadership
- On-site event management
- Excellent team player and proactive networking abilities on a global basis
- Ability to work across functions, regions and countries combined with excellent interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / WORK EXPERIENCE
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Exposure to social media and understanding of pull marketing
- Understanding of the role of events in the mix of marketing channels
- Customer Focus - Have a strong customer/user-focused mindset
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and should be willing to travel
WHAT YOU GET FROM USSuccess is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Intern, ERP, SAP, Channel Marketing, Entry Level, Technology, Marketing
Apply now »
- Start apply with Xing
- Apply Now