Business Development Specialist - Process Automation (Entry Level)
Job Family: Sales
Job DescriptionDivision: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 236314
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Job Description:Position Overview
We are looking for an outgoing, self-starter to join our business development team. This person will be responsible for driving both our current and new customer base. This individual will take the lead in defining the potential opportunities and ensuring the leads attainted are distributed to our field sales team.
- The Process Automation Distributed Control (DCS) System Business Development Specialist for the Automation & Engineering Business Segment will be responsible for developing DCS solutions business.The individual will develop complex primary and secondary research programs designed to uncover market trends, customer needs and competitive advantages.
- The successful candidate will be able to pair this market research with portfolio solutions, turning them into actionable steps for customer conversion.
- This individual must be able to work in a matrixed organization, coordinating with other groups including communications, vertical marketing (especially Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Food & Beverage) as well as sales and channel management.
- The key performance indicators of this role will be defined by on demand generation metrics, customer pipeline development, new customer conversions and business segment growth.
- Utilize primary and secondary research methodologies including customer surveys, interviews and third party databases to identify customer needs and position Siemens solutions
- Drive new customer generation process including the development and measurement of key performance indicators (lead quality, opportunity creation, customer conversion)
- Present portfolio solutions for specific applications/industries and train sales personnel on features, customer benefits and market validation
- Identify and position DCS Solutions features and benefits covering acrossdiverse set of process industries
- Successfully transition qualified leads to national sales force
- Work with marketing, sales and engineering teams to maximize solution offerings
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Entry level with strong interest in process automation market
- 0 to 3 years of industry experience
- Ability to learn the distributed control systems market place including market drivers, trends, issues and solution sets
- This position requires up to 15% travel