CareersSearch open rolesOpen Roles
Product Management, Product in San Francisco, CA
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
As a PM on the Experimentation (A/B Testing) Platform team, you will play a pivotal role in enabling Uber to innovate rapidly but safely. You will partner with a team of enormously talented engineers, data scientists, and designers to build the technology that powers experimentation at Uber scale! You will be directly involved in testing and launching Uber’s most impactful products and features (think Uber Eats recommendations, Driver Loyalty program, Tipping, In-app VOIP experiences, Support Ticket Responders...etc) across 100's of cities!
In this role, you will own the application and algorithms relied upon by teams across Uber to understand how they are impacting riders and drivers across the globe, as well as Uber’s most critical business metrics. This includes the technology used to create experiments, monitor and manage them throughout their lifecycle, and measure and communicate the results.
You will be defining and driving a roadmap that breathes life into cutting-edge experimentation and measurement techniques, crafting the language with which Uber talks about the success and failure of initiatives across the company.
What You'll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategy, as well as the mission and goals of multiple teams under your direction
- Own multiple teams and multiple projects working toward a building a platform that supports your internal customers' needs. Attain internal product-market fit and widespread product adoption among data consumers at Uber
- Recruit, develop, guide and lead a team of highly technical Product Managers. Ensure excellent team dynamics, team and individual team member performance, growth and enthusiasm
- Be in the details. Know your team's work in depth
- Work closely with other teams at Uber to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
- Lead by example. Be incredibly truth-seeking and finger-tippy with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans, move fast and be biased toward action
What You'll Need
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the hardware
- At least 8 years experience leading product teams that delivered solutions related to data infrastructure at scale
- Deep familiarity with exciting and new data technologies, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, data warehousing solutions, and in-memory databases
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A personality that encourages action, great collaboration and excellent simplification for communication.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on.
- Customer-centricity - you have many examples from your past of tough product issues that you persevered through to ensure customer satisfaction
- A true passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
See our Candidate Privacy Statement
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.