Process Technician Injection Molding (Relocate to Virginia Beach) Virginia Beach, VA
STIHL Inc. an opening for a highly skilled, detail oriented, passionate Technician to support our high volume injection-molding department supplying 50% of products sold globally! The shift is designed as a 12-hour rotating shift, from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. in our Injection Molding department supporting 68 machines!
- Monitors daily production efficiency using BARCO system.
- Ensures proper work order completion with respect to all quality and quantity standards.
- Coordinates and sets up machines, robots and other equipment performing necessary tests to ensure company compliance. Trains employees in the correct procedures for operation as needed.
- Assists in scheduling tests for evaluating engineering procedures to audit company compliance to policies, procedures and internal, federal, state and municipal legislation.
- Gathers and correlates existing data, compiles new data, performs standard statistical analyses to establish trends and solve problems. Prepares summary reports and presentations for management evaluation.
- Assists in training of employees in proper work methods for safe and efficient performance of job duties.
- Maintains records, files and other documentation pertinent to assignments.
- Develops technical skills by attending training classes, seminars, exhibits and trade shows.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- All work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of appropriate education, training, skills, and experience.
- 2 year Technical Associates degree, BS in Plastics Manufacturing or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years related experience or education/experience equivalent.
- Ability to process Electric Milacron and hydraulic Engel machines and various robots including Engel and Fanuc.
EOE/ Drug Free Workplace
- A majority of
STIHL gasoline-powered units are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2017 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers.